29 years ago in the first Political Science course of my college major, I read the following;
I didn't buy this crap then nor do I buy into now.
However I think some of our elected officials do.
" You must therefore confess that by individual you mean no other person than the bourgeois, than the middle-class owner of property. This person must indeed, be swept out of the way and made impossible."
Nevertheless in the most advanced countries, the following will be pretty generally applicable:
1) Abolition of property in Land and application of all rents of land to public purposes.
2) A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.
3) Abolition of all right to inheritance.
4) Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels.(are you a rebel ?)
5) Centralization of credit in the hands of the state, by means of a national bank with state capital and an exclusive monopoly.
6) Centralization of the means of communications and transport in the hands of the state.
7) Extenstion of factories and instruments of production owned by the state, the bringing
into cultivation of waste lands, and the improvement of the soil generally in accordance
with a common plan.
8) Equal obligation of all to work. Establishment of industrial armies.
9) Combine Agricultural with manufacturing industries; gradual abolition of the distinction
between town and country, by more equable distribution of population over the country.
10) Free education for all children in Public schools.
..."The bourgeois claptrap about the family and education, about the hallowed co-relation of parent and child, becomes all the more disgusting, the more by the action of modern industry, all family ties among the proletarians are torn asunder, and their children transformed into simple articles of commerce and instruments of labor."
The COMMUNIST MANIFESTO
by Karl Marx and Frederick Engels
(1948 anniversary edition 50 cents) I have 100th edition
- ▼ December (3)
- ► 2008 (111)