Tuesday, March 25, 2008

getting BLOGGED down.......

I can't believe it's been almost a week since I posted something fresh on this BLOG. Hey- easier said than done. Last Fall, I had a chance to Blog for the Morning Call Newspaper- I would of got the byline and everything....just like Bill White and Paul Carpenter....you know the guys that have been WRITING for years and years...BUT they have blog chops and a faithful readership...I passed on it. Although it would of been a great way to let a few former radio listeners of mine know that I can read and write.....Topically.....Blogging is an entirely different ballgame. Where do I go ..?..OR GO OFF. I'm still deciding where to take this blog...which started in November of 2007.

There are so many options....and so many are being done already......

The ANGRY BLOG
The FEEL GOOD BLOG
The HELPFUL HINT BLOG- I'm a consultant(so I have to charge for those....hints)
The Marketing Blog -I'm a consultant so I have to ......you get the idea
The POLITICAL VENTING BLOG.......everyone has one
The crass "I can't believe he said that crap" blog.....-half the blogs on the web
The SHOCK BLOG-old news
The Bitter Career Blog.....I like the things I do so..that wouldn't work
THE ENTERTAINMENT BLOG......too many now
The $$$ Blog-have none
The Movie Blog-a million of 'em...plus I have a 3 & a 6 year old......(figure it out)
The Advice Blog-(I sell it ) Free advice is usually worth what you pay for it
MY INNER THOUGHTS BLOG- who cares...1/2 the time I don't listen to me
MY OUTER THOUGHTS Blog- who cares 1/2 the time my 3 & 6 year old...well actually I think
they get me.......mentally...anyway...
The Marriage Blog- are you kidding? - I just got my wife new lightbulbs for the kitchen and fixed
the guest bathroom toilet for Easter- Just in the nick of
time..Easter Dinner was wonderful........the ham was like
BUTTA...is there more? I'm kidding honey !
THE SEX BLOG- There are Governors for that
The Scandel Blog- There are Governors for that
GREAT IDEA BLOG- sorry..I ..uh..call me for a consult.. 610 838-(KENM)5366(consultant-
remember?)
The BOOK BLOG- I'm writing one( I actually share some of those stories when I speak to
audiences on various topics)......eventually there'll be a book at the back
of the room people could buy- but right now...well it's an empty table with..




So you can see my dilemma....

I did just finish reading my 100th book since being fired for the 7th time...just over 18 months ago...but I've also watched my share of TV..that new show Dexter(CBS) from Showtime-It's brilliant: DARK & BLOODY-BUT SO WELL WRITTEN..... I find myself wondering why I'm rooting for a serial killer-IT'S WRONG BUT.......he makes some great points....


Recently I had one of the most frustrating CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCES EVER....
I have become so disgusted with this company(you would instantly recognize the name) that I am actually building an entire KEYNOTE SPEECH AROUND THEM & WHAT A POOR JOB they did and how they treated me.....the calls (recorded for quality assurance) reached a comical level.....thank goodness I DOCUMENT EVERYTHING for fun and future revenue ASSURANCE.....it all ends up in a speech, in a book? or as some of you may remember-......occasionally on a radio program. So I'm waiting to see how and when that TRUE experience will appear. It would of went over like a lead balloon, had I been blogging for the MORNING CALL.

I've also had plenty of excellent customer service experiences with a companies just as big....so I compare those companies with this FLOP in what will eventually become a punchline somewhere down the line perhaps in one of my Public Speaking Classes( I teach as an adjunct--adjunct sounds like something a Chiropractor snaps from your back)





I have noticed a breakdown(not mine)...a breakdown in customer service training......





Remember when "can I talk to your supervisor" carried some weight?


WHAT IF HE'S AN IDIOT WHO WAS HIRED BY A DING-BAT WHO WORKS FOR A MORON
WHO REPORTS TO CLOWNS?

Do I then go down the chain of command?


OK THEN "PUT THE JANITOR ON THE PHONE"

at least he knows poop when he sees it







hey...I think I might be blogging.......


I'm gonna call Bill White and get me some of those cool Blogsite graphics


Ken Matthews can now be seen & heard on www.ValleySocialTV.com



www.KenMatthews.com

No comments: