Friday, June 27, 2008

Cell Phone discipline...and then

I've pretty much gotten to the point where I don't talk on my cell in the car any more...I turn it off at meetings(unless my wife is pregnant-and that wont be happening again !)...I never talk on the phone at my sons sporting events.....they're more important than whoever might be calling..
and I'm not that important that I need to be IN CONTACT WITH THE WORLD AT ANY GIVEN MOMENT.......

Are you on it during a date? at dinner with your spouse ? during a meeting with one person while talking to another ? you don't look important...you look like you can't manage.

and if your people need to call you 24/7... then leave the movie theatre, restaurant, church or funeral to answer the call OR get new people or get a new gig

and text messaging is just as bad . Can you control your thought process long enough to engage the person that your with ? or are you texting timely intel to homeland security?
dood, I didn't know you were working with them - Jack you so had me fooled .

"but I'm just a multi tasker" you say- Perhaps you are just unfocused to the point of being unable to give anyone more than 3-17 minutes of your valuable time without checking , touching , caressing, texting or making love to your cellie ?

"hold on I have to take this call".......you say- how often ??

Check list: ARE YOU IN CHARGE OF LAUNCHING WEAPONS THAT CAN KILL MILLIONS ?

ARE YOU IN CHARGE OF SAVING MILLIONS OF LIVES?

ARE YOU HOLDING THE LIFE OF A SMALL CHILD IN YOUR HANDS AT THIS INSTANT?

then why the cell phone 24/7 ?

"But I have to stay connected " you say, TO WHAT ?

What is so important that we have elevated the most meaningless interuptive jibba jabba to all new heights by allowing it to replace face to face meaningful dialogue ?


When was the last time you had a conversation with any human being for 30 minutes face to face without being interupted by any technology ?

Don't have the time ?

turn off your computer for a while

http://www.kenmatthews.com/

No comments: