Sunday, July 27, 2008

Great DVD to rent: "21"

This movie is awesome...on so many levels...

Beyond Kate Bosworth..great casting, and Laurence Fishburne & Kevin Spacey...all the actors nailed it !...by the way...the lead(the guy who plays Ben)is a Brit....it always amazes me when a British dude can fake an American accent...I don't know why...it just seems like it would be harder to do.....

the locations are perfect...obviously Vegas...but..the other is Boston...perfect book ends for what goes on..BASED ON A TRUE STORY...GOTTA DIG IT.

By the way-like my wife, Bosworth looks good in any hair color....

along with the wardrobe & soundtrack..it's a winner.



by the way..Kevin Spacey's recent appearance on Leno was one more reason why Jay continues to beat Letterman in the ratings-...Kevin was doing a variety of impersonations(from his former life as a comedian etc) and Jay let him sit behind the Tonite Show desk and imitate the late Johnny Carson(respectfully) and it was truly a funny piece of Late nite TV to see Jay
interacting with Spacey as Johnny.....

I remember how funny I thought Letterman's throwing the pencil into the glass schtick was 25 years ago....

it's not even that funny when my 7 year old does it....

as long as we're on the topic of Late Night...it will be interesting to see what happens when
Conan and Dave go head to head in 2009


http://www.KenMatthews.com

1 comment:

Blah Society said...

I waw "21" in the theatre. It was an ok movie, but nothing to brag about (I thought.) I'm more of an Ocean's fan myself.