Friday, November 14, 2008

CHILD SAFE ROAD RAGE....

I was never much of a road-rager....but I had a mouth on me. A big fat Pottie mouth..especially in the car-or when I got wound up but..never OUT THE WINDOW....'cause who wants to get shot? But as anyone with kids..or who works around kids knows....you gotta zip it! I actually enjoyed cussing...especially around my peeps that had pottie mouths..it was a release of sorts but that's for another day. BUT NEVER ON THE AIR or in front of the yoots(children). So now my vocabulary has become shockingly clean-..so clean that I even shock myself if a "bad" word slips out even in front of an adult. Anyway, I'm proud of the fact that my 4 & 7 year old boys haven't learned one flippin cuss word from Daddy-o.......although I bust Mommy because...she's forgotten the kids and I have gotten home early and we overhear her giving the dirty dishes verbal WRATH...because I was supposed to have cleaned them.

Yesterday I'm pulling into the promenade shops and the guy in front of me comes to a complete stop for no reason right at the first intersection by Melt..THEN...he doesn't stop at the STOP SIGN....

"CLOWN !" I shout.

My 4 year old says "where daddy?!"

"It's just a figure of speech son, the guy in front of us is driving like a clown !" I say.

My 7 year old says " How can he be driving like a clown, his car is way too big, you mean like a circus clown..around in circles?"

"No" I say " he shouldn't be driving at all because he can't read the signs and he'd be better off at the circus..so I called him a clown"

"it's not nice to call people names" says my oldest.....

"I know" I respond "Daddy shouldn't have done that."

"When can we see the clown daddy?" asks my 4-year old.

"It's not a real clown" says the 7 year old..laughing.

"When we go to the circus" I say

"Can we go to the circus tonite daddy?" he asks



I should of just called the guy a poopie-head....everybody's clear on that one



http://www.KenMatthewsWorks.com

2 comments:

Katie Bee said...

much better than the kid i used to babysit. every time he heard a car horn honk he'd say, "asshole!"

which is funny now but I'm pretty sure isn't going to make him into a very polite adult...

Ken Matthews said...

maybe I'll have the pleasure of having him in one of my classes when I'm subbing......