Monday, December 29, 2008

Adam Sandler's latest is worth the ticket price

My wife and I took our 4 & 7 year old sons to see Bedtime Stories over the weekend. It's a fun 90 minute film that a 7 year old can handle...my 4 year old was more excited about the candy choices. Bedtime Stories is not as good as CLICK(one of my Sandler favorites) but it had a warm storyline and some cool effects and was packed with kid-like fantasy,what you'd expect from a bedtime story. It was a bit predictable but there was some clever spin thrown in to make it fun. And it didn't hurt that Sandler's sister was played by Courtney Cox. I also appreciated Sandler's poking fun at her "granola-over-the top-save the planet" life style. Russell Brand plays Sandler's best friend, Keri Russell is also a plus and Guy Pearce does an awesome job as "the bad guy".


It's rated PG-13 but I don't think the kids will pick up anything they haven't already learned on the school bus

2 comments:

Charlie on the PA Turnpike said...

It's rated PG-13 but I don't think the kids will pick up anything they haven't already learned on the school bus

Heh.. and that's why we have our kids in cyber-school.

Ken Matthews said...

don't they still have to take the Cyberbus?

hahahahahhackhack hack hack