Friday, January 11, 2008

My wife was UP IN MY GRILL

My wife is the best cook I know. I mean...good stuff. fills the house and kitchen with those great aromas that you would pay a fortune for in any major city restaurant. And she has a great presentation also... stay focused on the food now. I'm a grill man. I think that men- ALL men should know certain things about grills. How to light them. Maintain them. Keep them from exploding. And of course cook MEAT ON THEM. LOTS OF RED MEAT. Of course white meat is cool, veggies and or fish, But a man should know how to throw a slab of animal on that HOT IRON OR STAINLESS ! And cook to order. Feel me? I have an average grill. Nothin' fancy...but I can work it. Ask my 3 friends....There's one guy I used to work with that still says that my steak was the greatest meal he ever tasted. Of course..I'd like to thank the Cow, The butcher and my wife's marinade.
TRAGEDY STRUCK LAST NIGHT........As I was scraping my dish to put in the dishwasher ...something that took 15 years for me to learn. I looked out onto the deck to notice that my wife...did a very UN-MANLY...HORRIFYING THING.....SHE LEFT MY GRILL TOP OPEN.....
I began to shake as I discoverd it had been that way for TWO DAYS.....1/2 that time it's been raining !!!!! INTO MY GRILL ! She had cooked chicken...one of the other "white meats" 2 days ago and believes that one must leave the top OPEN so the grill can cool ? WHY !!!!?????


NO one will be playing on it. It's a grill. USE it, Clean it, Secure it. NOW I KNOW WHY THE INTERNAL WORKINGs ARE RUSTED......and she tells me......"that was a good steak but I think you could of cooked it a little more evenly"

MAYBE IF I WAS USING FULL BURNERS INSTEAD OF A HOT BATHTUB WITH A GRATE OVER IT........................

She then tells me ...she always leaves it open.......AFTER SHE'S DONE......................


AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH


http://www.kenmatthews.com/

6 comments:

Angie Villa said...

You guys always leave the toilet seat up when you are done.
It's not a pleasant feeling for us women when our a** falls into cold water!!

river said...

That is as bad as finding out too late that the last person used up the last piece of toilet paper.:):):):):)

vanillajedi said...

I was there for that meal... and You do cook a mean steak... Sorry to hear about your grill... Maybe you can go get yourself a good charcoal grill, like a real man, and get back on track...

Ken Matthews said...

Dottie,

There should never be a grill in the bathroom !

ps-tell 32 about my blog

thanks

k

Ken Matthews said...

dear Vanilla(charcoal boy)

GLOBAL WARMING


k

Angie Villa said...

"ps-tell 32 about my blog"

Ken,

I saw the huge billboard of you in downtown Allentown! But I will tell two friends.