What does STOP mean to you ?Does it depend what you're doing? Does it depend who says it? Where it's written. I guess it's a good thing people don't base our understanding of the language on our ability to STOP when it says so. Does it depend on the time of day. Who's watching?
When I was in middle school a woman ran a stop sign and hit my friend on his bike. It was our favorite hill....which led to our favorite intersection.We made the mistake that day of assuming that STOP meant STOP and that she would stop- We could read. And she was a grown up- that could drive and the sign was RED. Even if she didn't see us , we knew we could fly on our bikes because opposing traffic had to stop. I hated that woman. I thought she was selfish and too much in a hurry to obey the law and to have cared about my friend on his blue bike with the white bananna seat in 1972. She didn't care how fast she drove her white station wagon with the fake wood on the side and obviously she was way too important to STOP. I pretty much feel the same way about her today. I think STOPPING is probably one of the easiest parts of the driving test and the STOP sign is the easiest one to recognize and remember. I memorized stop back when I was 3 or 4. ...I was only driving a Big Wheel back then.
Red lights are much more complicated.......because they CHANGE COLOR...................and that really confuses some people -especially important people who are in a hurry
careful out there...some people are just too important to STOP
- ► 2009 (42)
- BACK ON THE AIR FOR ONE HOUR with GARY
- Is YOUR JOB Prestigious ?
- THANK YOU LEHIGH VALLEY IRON PIGS
- KEN MATTHEWS pulls out of 2008 presidential race
- SNOWY SNOWERTON
- BRITNEY SPEARS- National Crisis
- My wife was UP IN MY GRILL
- OPEN LETTER TO IRANIAN NAVY
- LISTEN LIVE THIS FRIDAY AT 0800
- McDonalds battles Starbucks ......weeth Bareestas
- Stop ! Drop ! and BOWL ! ...FOR KIDS SAKE !
- HAPPY NEW YEAR PERKINS...SORRY I'M LATE
- ▼ January (14)